Monday, October 29, 2012

Week 9--I also decided this week that I want to be more like Enos

Date: Oct 29, 2012
Companion: Elder Moorhouse
Area: Newburgh Bike
 
Sup everybody?
 
It's cold! Riding a bike in the cold hasn't been a help to that either! It's very flat here so you get the wind full force... nothing to block it! I'm not sure that I'm ready for the winter wheather but ready or not here it comes! I also decided this week that I want to be more like Enos. Most are familiar with the wrestle he had with God in prayer. I want to be able to pray like that! I'm working on it.
 
Mike- I mentioned him last week and said how solid he is! We had a bomb lesson this Wednesday with him and he seemed to be progressing very well. As promised, he came to church and everything seemed to be going well until the second hour when some of his concerns seemed to come out. He's had concerns before but by the time we met with him to address them he had already ironed them out. So hopefully that's what will happen!
 
Also, here is a cool scripture: 3 Nephi 28:20. It's refering to the 3 nephites and they totally smote the Earth with the Word of God! That's super legit! I'll have to try it sometime.
 
As I mentioned last week I had an exchange this Thursday. He had just come out this last transfer (the one after me) and was very green. I learned more about myself it seemed than I learned about him. I have a deeper level of patients than I thought! It was like an anti-sanity barrier of patients I experienced. Good to know it's there.
 
Until next time...have a great week ya'll!
 
Good advice from the Book of Mormon: Alma 5:32
 
Shoutouts!
Those who have shared their testimony with a stranger in the last month! Thanks!
 
With <3,
 
-Elder Denton III (Strikes again)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment