Monday, October 1, 2012

Week 5

Date:  Oct 1, 2012
Companion:  Elder Moorhouse
Area:  Newburgh Bike

Sup Everybody?
I hope you're all super excited for General Conference! I know I am! Before my mission I never realized the severity of its awesomeness, hearing from a Prophet of God and all. It was always just good because I got to sleep in! Now, however, I know of how important it is to listen to what is said because it is all revelation recieved for us! This is what we're always talking about- Modern day Prophets- so we should probably take notes! (: 
 We have had the opportunity to find some new investigators, but so far none of those have been super solid Preach My Gospel perfect investigators. It's definately a sifting process. So I probably won't talk much about investigators unless I'm sure that they are about to be baptized so don't be sad! We are having success.. Just not major success! Not yet. It'll come!
Fall Festival starts today! It's a pretty super huge event from what I hear and it's only a mile or so outside of our area! I believe we will be going a few times this week to check it out and contact some people! I'm excited! The scouts have a booth called "monster ears" which I believe are just scones that they sell to raise money.
Also, I've pretty much just accepted that I'm going to be dying at an early age due to second hand smoke inhalation. It's gross. There are a bunch of people out here that smoke and I guess I just have to deal with it! And it's funny because everybody has smoked or done drugs or whatever and now theyre on disability..... pfft.
On Saturday we took a second attempt at contacting a referral that we had recieved. We biked over there and he let us right in! Unfortunately, he was trying to figure out what he was going to do because that night he had to be out... he had gotten evicted and had a 3 day notice but apparently got the days mixed up and about an hour previously had remembered that it was, in fact, Saturday. It was unfortunate.. hopefully things start to look up for him! 
I have definately noticed that the biking has been becoming easier. Part of that I would attribute to the new bike being so easy to ride and part that we just do it so consitently that I've built up my quads. Anyways, it's been nice to not get so winded, or have to put forth as much effort just to get back and forth.
Well I'll wrap this thing up with a new advice column provided with Book of Mormon references. Oh and fun fact: Dale Murphy's son (one of my zone leaders) is sitting next to me.
Love ya!
Good advice from the BOM? Jacob 6:12
Shoutouts!
Barry & Melody Sivertson: for being awesome parents to an awesome girl! Well.. girls.. but I'm pretty sure you know who I'm talking about. (:
Kyle Denton: for writing me on my mission regularly even when I didn't write you very often...
 More to come!
-Elder Denton III (Strikes again)

No comments:

Post a Comment