Monday, November 19, 2012

Week 12--I...am getting transferred!

Date: Nov 19,  2012
Companion: Elder Moorhouse
Area: Newburgh Bike
Sup everybody?
Well I just came back this morning from another trip out to Mt Vernon to get Elder Clawson's things because he is getting transfered. I did my laundry while I was there because I, too, am getting transfered! Pretty big shocker you could say. Definately was not expecting that... I thought that my companion was gone for sure. Oh well! I'm going to be heading to Morehead, Kentucky. My companions name is Elder Carly. I know all of this beforehand because Elder Carly is in my zone and he got the same phone call. Usually when you are getting transfered you have no idea about either of the two.
While I am excited to change things up and start fresh in an area, I am slightly saddened because this week we set a baptismal date with a lady called Terry. She is so prepared and has the coolest story: There is a family in our ward who used to be Catholic who knew her from church. The family obviously converted and she shared with us that she could tell that that family was happier being in our church. That family now has a son who was in the MTC waiting for his visa to arrive so he could fly out to Barcelona, Spain. Terry was curious one night so she went onto Mormon.org to ask a couple of questions and pretty soon after she started the Elder of the family was like, "Terry?" Isn't that crazy! So the Elder helped her set up a skype and he taught her a little bit before sending us the referral! She has kept all of her commitements and has seen a baptism, and come to church. So freaking cool! I'm sad that I won't get to see her get baptized yet at the same time I'm just happy that she is.
We are also still teaching our Chinese friends but they have quite the workload so it's been hard to get them to church. I also didn't take any pictures this week :/ I'll work on that.
The Newburgh ward has been great! There are a lot of great members but I guess that it's my time to be moving on! Morehead is a branch, so that will be different but bring it on! I wonder where I'll be having Thanksgiving dinner? Maybe the apartment? This ward there were like 4 families signed up! Phew!
So I only heard back from one person about my good advice from the Book of Mormon section of the letter... The scripture I sent last week pretty much was fluff. Just seeing if it's even worth putting on here! I forgot to look up a scripture so we'll just say... the last 2 paragraphs of the introduction to the Book of Mormon.
Shoutouts:
All who participated in the missionary training event in CP 8th! Great work!
The great people of Morehead, Kentucky.. watch out!
Elder Moorhouse: For being a great trainer!
Catchya all next time! Have a safe week! Make sure to stuff yourselves for Thanksgiving!
Gobble!
Elder Denton III (Strikes again)

Apartment pictures

 A family in the ward


No comments:

Post a Comment