Monday, August 20, 2012

Week 2 in the MTC

Date:  received Aug 20, 2012
Companion:  Elder Souza
Area:  Provo MTC


Sup everybody?
This week in the MTC has been... different? I had a cold for a couple of days and unfortunately that spread through my district like wildfire! My companion, Elder Souza, had a bad stomach flu or something of the sort so on Wednesday I believe it was he slept in to try and recover. We had made an attempt to go to class but then left shortly afterwards because he clearly wasn't able to focus anyways. Before we left I asked if he wanted a blessing and he thought that that would help so me and another member of our district, Elder Stohel, gave him one. I had the opportunity to give a blessing for my first time. I was surprised at how calm I was for the situation! 'twas a neat experience indeed.
Our teachers for class have been in and out. I believe you're only supposed to have to for your class but we've ended up switching and having substitutes and I believe we're up to 8! Either way, I have been learning a lot. Also I would like to address the fact that my district is tone deaf, aside from my companion, who is a singer!
Can I just tell you guys how much I love recieving Dear Elders? (: I do get them daily, however, I cannot respond daily so thine patients is appreciated (:
I was going to wait until I got to Kentucky to buy a journal just so I could start the day I got there but I couldn't wait another second so on Wednesday after Elder Souza was feeling a little better we went to the on-campus book store and I made the purchase. It's hard to find time every day to write so I'll probably only be using it every couple of days. Cool story, I know.
Doing the laundry actually went surprisingly well! I didn't have any issues and if I had a (dumb) question my companion knew how to do laundry and could answer it for me. I also got my flight plans on Friday which is super cool. I can't believe I leave next Monday! waking up at 3:30 in the morning to be ready seems like a daunting task but hey, I'm up for the challenge! We will have a 2 1/2 hour lay over in the Denver airport.... plenty of time to hand out a copy of the Book of Mormon ;)
I also thought that I would let everybody know that I saw a sister missionary that looked absolutely identicle to Pam... off of The Office.
This week I took some time to write everybody in my district a letter. Like, heart felt and feeling and everything; that crazy stuff. It seemed appreciated and I also believe that I will be writing the Priests in my ward. Feels like it'd be a good thing to do.
I think that's pretty much it! I don't know how next week will work as far as P-day goes based on me leaving... but I guess we'll see.
To end: I would like to share the testimony of prayer I have recieved! Isn't prayer amazing? Heavenly Father lets us talk to him and we just need to have faith that He'll reply and... then He will? I think that it is absolutely amazing. Something that I heard that brought this home for me was that He wants for us to talk with Him and He waits for us and wants to hear from us just like I wait I want to hear from all of you! (Dear Elder... *cough*) Our Heavenly Father loves us! The Gospel is true! Amen!
Love you guys!
Elder Denton III (strikes again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment